What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission created to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals. The GDPR will apply in the UK from 25 May 2018. The government has confirmed that the UK’s decision to leave the EU will not affect the commencement of the GDPR.
How can Occam help you on your journey to compliance?
We offer our 4 stages to help you on the road to compliance, as well as offering a 5th element of on going support after the 25th May.
1. Awareness: Ensuring that all of the stakeholders the GDPR will affect are aware of the implications, in order to build an action plan to address them. A good reference point is to look at the ICO's ‘Preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - 12 steps to take now’.
2. Preparation: Identify and understand your data landscape, prepare your data for segmentation and processing, and identifying and updating your policies.
3. Governance, Privacy & Protection: Get visibility of all of your data (structured and unstructured), track and control the movement of data and its access. Have visibility of data permissions and consent.
4. Journey to Consent: Understand and plan the activity you can and can’t undertake between now and 25 May 2018. Execute all possible activity to convert data to formal consent.
5. Living with Consent: Demonstrate an on-going effort to abide by GDPR, minimise the risks through technology and planning.
With GDPR comes accountability. Customer data is the lifeblood of marketing activity. Without your customers allowing you to use their personal data your informative or knowledgeable marketing activity would cease.
We have partnered up with our sister companies, Amaze, Amaze One & Response One, to help advise you on the best solutions by creating a GDPR toolkit. If you'd like to make a GDPR enquiry, please take your time to fill out the form below*: